New Brand + Brand Identity

New Brand + Brand Identity

The Challenge

The client needed a logo for an upcoming restaurant. At the time there wasn’t a physical restaurant or any menu drafted. The client wanted something to reflect the essence of all the shades of blue that you see living in the Caribbean.

The Solution

I came up with several concepts to present to the client. They were happy with the geometric shapes reflecting their upcoming new brand identity which is nautical and modern.

Web Redesign

Web Redesign

The Challenge

The previous website had competing content and it was hard to focus with flash animation and heavy graphics on the page.

The Solution

I created wireframes and re-thought the experience. I broke the content and created a new navigation based on relevant content. I created a whole new foundation using Bootstrap making the website responsive. I changed the layout to horizontal sections, compared to before, content was in vertical columns.

Sketch Design and UX Deliverable

Sketch Design and UX Deliverable

The Challenge

The client needed help with the UI because there would be several huge sections of content based on search criteria. They weren’t sure how to organize all of the content.

The Solution

A faceted search so users can click through the main categories and then from within a category drill down to find exactly what they were looking for. I also delivered all visual design work.

Redesign & Responsive Design for Company Website

Redesign & Responsive Design for Company Website

The Challenge

The site was dated and had many competing graphics making it hard for users to know what to focus on. The site looked small on larger screens making it very hard to read the small type. We found that the majority of our users were not paying their bills online using the my account feature. A good portion of the content on the homepage was more for internal use.

The Solution

We did some lean UX practices and discovered what tasks our users were struggling with to complete. We worked with key stakeholders and discussed what the main business objectives were for the homepage so we can scale back on the number of competing elements on the homepage. We focused on promoting my account so users can easily find it which turned out to be a huge success. We had a significant increase of new my account users paying their bills online instead of mailing checks or calling in. Please view tabs below to learn more.

I started with a content matrix to take inventory of all the content and note the last time it was updated. We then proceeded to update any pages that haven’t been touched within the past year and revised the content so it was current.

 

Research

Research

An important part of the design of the new site was to focus on the revised content and what our main objectives were for the site. We wanted our users to be able to find their account right away, which we discovered, is one of their main tasks to complete.

 

Homepage Wireframe

Homepage Wireframe

Interior Page Wireframe

Interior Page Wireframe

We made the site responsive so it’s mobile friendly and looks good on tablets. The text and images are also responsive within the page making it easier to read no matter how big or small your desktop is. As the lead designer for this project I had to define the breaking points for the mobile and tablet sized views.

 

Responsive Breaking Points

Responsive Breaking Points

A big key to the success of the development of the new site was to have a robust styleguide so that way when working with other front-end developers they can easily know the interaction styles, color palettes, as well as, the development of new pages or other applications.

 

Styleguide

Styleguide

Styleguide : Color Palette

Styleguide : Color Palette

Blurring the Lines between Physical and Digital

Blurring the Lines between Physical and Digital

The Challenge

Several internal apps, marketing collateral and a new mobile site all had varying look and feels. It can be hard for outside users to recognize our brand because of all of the different brand identities.

The Solution

Studied and researched the brand identity and what made the company unique. Did several brand exercises to identify the brand’s characteristics. We came up with a new styleguide which was the model to use for each new internal application. We redesigned the mobile application to reflect the new styleguide and updated website. All print collateral would also carry the new brand identity making sure, across the board, digital projects and materials all had a cohesive consistent look.